IndyCar driver Vitor Meira could be out four months after breaking two vertebrae in his back during the Indianapolis 500. He will spend at least one more night in the hospital. IndyCar spokesman John Griffin said Meira could return to his Florida home by Saturday. A.J. Foyt’s team has hired former Champ Car points champion Paul Tracy to run in Milwaukee. Meira was injured Sunday when he and rookie Raphael Matos locked wheels late in the race. Meira’s car spun toward the wall and flipped on its side.
- 1995 - Indianapolis 500 Stan Fox's horrific crash ...
- Nelson Piquet crashing at Indy during practice in 1992, and it is a BIG one ...
- Johnny Herbert and the crash at Brand Hatch in F3000 that almost ended his career, and his life ...
- 1977: Clay Regazzoni's Big Indy crash
- Jenson Button crashes his BAR Honda in Brazil 2003
- Valencia 2010: Mark Webber's BIG crash
- 580,563 hits